Check out some before and after photos of a recent installation! We have a “Happy Call” where our sales professionals come back and go over a perfect installation check list. The check list is so stringent that it even includes finger prints on the duct work! This client had a perfect installation and was able to sign off an additional bonus to the installers for their exceptional work!!
Comfort Bulletin: Why Are Respiratory Diseases Important?
Currently more than 25 million people6,7 in the United States have asthma. Approximately 14.8 million adults have been diagnosed with COPD (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), and approximately 12 million people have not yet been diagnosed.8 The burden of respiratory diseases affects individuals and their families, schools, workplaces, neighborhoods, cities, and states. Because of the cost to the health care system, the burden of respiratory diseases also falls on society; it is paid for with tax dollars, higher health insurance rates, and lost productivity. Annual health care expenditures for asthma alone are estimated at $20.7 billion.9
Indoor Air Quality Facts
- The EPA has ranked indoor air pollution as a high priority public risk.
- “An Exposure to (debris from dust) mites in the first crucial year of life can trigger lifelong allergy. There is no cure, only prevention.” – Ohio State University Extension
- Seasonal allergic rhinitis (hay fever) affects more than 35 million people in the U.S. – World Health Organization
- “Over 1/3 of our annual national health bill can be attributed to polluted air.” – American Medical Association
- Allergic disease is the 5th leading cause of chronic disease among all ages and 3rd common chronic disease among children under 18. – ALA
- The average person inhales about 2,300 gallons of air per day. – ALA
- “Deaths from asthma, in children under 11 years of age, is increasing 7% each year” – New England Journal of Medicine
- A 1500 square foot home contains an average of 25.6 million dust mites. – MAP Consulting
- Trees are the largest producer of pollen out of the plant kingdom.
- Indoor Air is 4-5 times dirtier than outdoor air. – EPA
Welzig Heating & AirMay 1, 20192020/07/02